The federal government made N650 billion from taxpayers in June, says the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS).
The FIRS spokesman Abdullahi Ahmad disclosed this in a statement in Abuja on Wednesday.
Mr Ahmad noted that the fund was the highest revenue realised in a single month since the COVID-19 pandemic started and the assumption of office of the current management.
He quoted the FIRS chairman Muhammad Nami saying, “This feat was achieved as a result of the efficiency and effectiveness of the TaxProMax Solution. Notwithstanding the challenges and resistance faced in the early stages of its adoption, and the downturn orchestrated by slow economic recovery.”
Mr Nami recalled that as part of its efforts at modernising tax administration in the country, the FIRS recently introduced the Tax Administration Solution (TaxProMax) to ease tax compliance.
He noted that the solution had made it possible for seamless registration, filing, payment of taxes, and automatic credit of withholding tax and other credits to the taxpayer’s accounts, among other features.
According to him, it also provides a single-view to taxpayers for all transactions with the FIRS. He reminded taxpayers of the one-off one-month extension granted earlier this month to file company income tax returns by taxpayers with December 31, 2020 accounting year-end whose statutory tax returns were due not later than June 30.
He, however, urged taxpayers to take advantage of the extension as it provided an opportunity to all taxpayers whose company income tax returns were due in June to file up to July 31.
The TaxProMax platform, which took off on June 7, is a channel for filing naira-denominated tax returns in the country.
The Jewel Spotlight Award it’s the prestigious Award in Gombe State, which brings together prominent Youth Entrepreneurs, Leaders, Public Figures, Entertainers, Celebrities and Cooperate Organizations to celebrate the contributions and success of individuals, cooperate organizations etc, who make a positive, lasting impact on the community of Gombe and beyond. The Jewel spotlight Awards is an event that holds every end of the year, the dinner will include a social hour starting at 3:00 p.m. which will provide ample opportunity for socializing, networking and exchange of pleasantries, followed by dinner, keynote address, and the awards presentation at 4:30 p.m.
This year’s theme is THE RISING STARS The keynote presentation will shed light on the growth and rise of small scale businesses and youth entrepreneurship in Gombe State.
The Jewel spotlight awards work to mobilize and empower its members and the community through activities that impact the social, cultural and economic life of Gombe. This year’s dinner will once again include a magazine launch to help raise money for the sustenance and consistency of the Jewel entertainment and lifestyle magazine. Money raised from last year’s Awards Dinner was used to organize/sponsor a successful Youth entrepreneurs engaging events and social gatherings.
Below are the categories of awards, which are based on merit and people/consumers/fans choice to vote for their favorite nominee amongst each category.
BUSINESS, ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND SMSE AWARDS
- Entrepreneur of the year Award- Business Brand of the year Award- Best Product of the year Award- Most innovative Brand of the year Award- Art and creativity award- Productive brand of the year Award- Customer service/relationship award
MEDIA, ENTERTAINMENT AND LITERATURE AWARDS
- Jewel literature award- Jewel author/writer award- Jewel poet award- Music artist of the year Award- Radio station of the year Award- Media personality Award- Radio personality Award- TV personality Award- Photographer of the year Award
COOPERATE, SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY AWARDS
- Health and safety award- Best cooperate and social responsibility award- NGO of the year Award- Tech company of the year Award- Service excellence award
Below are the Nominees on each categories of awards, which are based on merit and people/consumers/fans choice to vote for their favorite nominee amongst each category.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE HOST THE JEWEL ENTERTAINMENT AND LIFESTYLE
Inspiring The Business And Entrepreneurship World The Jewel Entertainment and Lifestyle Magazine is more than a premier business title: we are a reliable source of information, inspiration and motivation for the most successful business leaders,
executives, investors and entrepreneurs. An iconic, national media brand, we inspire and promote excellence within the business world. Through our four editorial cornerstones – Inspire, Innovate, Invest and Indulge – we delve deeper into both the professional and personal lives of business leaders, exploring the lifestyle interests and pursuits of this affluent audience. Our content creates conversations on all platforms, while our voice is the one that matters to decision makers and game changers in the Entrepreneurship world.
OUR CORE VALUES
+ Consistency+ Reliability+ Quality+ Growth+ Value+ Accountability+ Creativity and Innovation
- Magazine Journalism (Interviews)- Photo Journalism- Media Advertisement and Promotion- Corporate/Social Event Management- Social Media Management- Commercials- Documentary- Public Relations Service (PR)- Talent Outsourcing- Events Promotion
OUR COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE
- High quality content development- Featuring women in media, technology, creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship- Collaboration and partnership with top media brands, bloggers and promoters- Engaging top business executives and leaders- Having consistent audiences engagement- Highly professional digital content full of innovation and creativity